Event - Happy Lunchtime Launch
4 January 2017
On Wednesday 4th January 2017, we launched our new happy lunchtime initiative.
We have organised the playgrounds into different zones:
- Quiet zone for books, colouring and board games
- Active zone for sports on rotation and team games with equipment
- Large games zone, including giant jenga, parachute and large outdoor games
- Drama zone with dressing up clothes, props and play scripts
- Construction zone with crates, planks and tyres
The children can choose to stay on their original Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 playground or access any of the other zones of their choice.
The first day was fantastic, as you can see from the photographs! Mrs Snow was an excellent referee for basketball, Mr Barrow enjoyed teaching the children parachute games, Mrs Walker was setting up the board games and showing the children how to play them, and Mrs Hadfield didn’t get too bored setting the jenga up lots of times! It was lovely to see children meeting up with their siblings, and the youngest children being brave and venturing off their playground.
Thank you to all the parents and carers who kindly donated equipment. Thank you too to Mr Lee, Mrs Merry, all the Midday Supervisors and our fantastic Pioneer Play Leaders for ensuring our launch day was a huge success.