Nursery follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
It is very much centred on developing the unique child. There are different areas of learning:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Making relationships
- Self-confidence and self-awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- Moving and Handling
- Health and self-care
Communication and Language
- Listening and attention
- Shape space and measures
Understanding the World
- People and communities
- The World
Expressive Arts and Design
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative
These areas of learning are all incorporated into half termly learning themes which adapt according to the needs and interests of the children.
You can see how the curriculum builds up by clicking on the learning webs below (the newest webs are at the top):
- Learning Web Spring Term 1 2017 - Once Upon A Time (pdf)
- Learning Web Autumn Term 2 2016 - Changing Seasons (pdf)
- Learning Web Autumn Term 1 2016 - All About Me (pdf)
- Learning Web Spring Term 2 2016 - Pirates, Princes and Princesses (pdf)
Don’t take our word for it, come and see our lovely Nursery in action for yourselves.